This class serves a part 2/2 of our Premier Team training available for U8-U10 Travel players. The medium used here is the game of Futsal. The game of Futsal creates an environment that allows young people to simulate and develop many skills and proficiencies that are transferrable to the 11-a-side game (7v7/9v9 youth). One of the core attributes Futsal teaches young players is the importance of ball retention due to the threat of an immediate counter-attack.
Some of the benefits of futsal include:
• improves players decision making skills.
• provides players with more touches on the ball.
• the heavier ball increases the power of players.
• it develops the confidence in players to go 1v1 against their opponent.
• it allows players to be creative in getting around their opposition.
START DATE: 12/9/2018
END DATE" 4/7/2019
(No Class on: 12/23,/12/30, 1/6,1/20, 2/3)
* indicates a required field
Futsal is played on an indoor court with boundaries while Indoor Soccer is played on a turf field with walls. The players in futsal are more likely to develop their foot skills without relying on a wall for support. The main difference is the ball– a size 4 is used: slightly smaller with bounce restriction